Tuesday, November 8, 2016

San Diego Comic Con 2016

I had a good time at Comic Con this year in San Diego. It was good to see people I know and talk to artists who produce impressive art.
I had nice conversations with Craig Elliot about mothers and other family members, Bill Stout about how John Milius and I have similar methods to present ideas to those that make the decisions, and Daniel Clowes (while signing my copy of Mr. Wonderful) let me know that I look just like his brother. Clowes suggested that I attend a family function with him and when I agreed I don't think he realized that I was serious. So if you know Dan let him know I'm waiting for an invitation.

I also, for the first time in awhile and the first time in color, got a piece of art in the souvenir book. My art was for the 50th anniversary of the TV show Batman. I was inspired by the Norman Saunders trading cards from the 60s and ironically my art was printed at the size my friends and I refer to as "bubble gum card size" or a quarter page. My art can be found on page 172. I also sent in Wonder Woman art - but it wasn't used.


No comments:

Post a Comment